Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Packaging Stuff

These last few days have been tedious. It has been a chore just to stay awake during the classes. For almost three hours today, we talked about bottle washing for recyclable bottles. We did eventually get into talking about different types of bottling/canning lines and equipment, which was slightly more entertaining. We also watched a bottling line in action where the operators were trying to speed things up as much as possible. If I saw the numbers correctly, they were filling 1,600 bottles per minute, however, they were wasting a lot of beer in the process.
I talked with some of my professors one on one about sour beer production after class (something I am really wanting to experiment with.) So naturally, after class I went to Binny's and picked up a few bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment